What is SunCrypt Ransomware
Sun or SunCrypt is classified as cryptovirus attacking systems to encrypt personal data. It started its journey in October 2019 and continues its presence infecting users until these days. The moment SunCrypt can be spotted in your PC is when it changes your files by adding the .sun extension. It was also heard about another version of SunCrypt which applies a string of random symbols instead of extensions. A change to something like this
1.mp4.G4D3519X58293C283957013M35DC8A2V0748D9845E7A5DBD6590E3F834C4638 means you are no longer allowed to access your data. To recover it back, SunCrypt creates a text note (DECRYPT_INFORMATION.html or YOUR_FILES_ARE_ENCRYPTED.HTML) that contains ransom instructions.
We got your documents and files encrypted and you cannot access them. To make sure we’re not bluffing just check out your files and see they all are .sun-formatted. Want to recover them? Just do what we instruct you to. If you fail to follow our recommendations, you will never see your files again.
We’re doing our own business and never care about what you do. All we need is to earn. Should we be unfair guys, no one would work with us. So if you drop our offer we won’t take any offense but you’ll lose all of your data and files. How much time would it take to recover losses? You only may guess.
How do I access the website?
Get TOR browser here
Go to our website
Once you open the page, follow the steps to restore your files.
Copy & Paste this message to this page textarea field
Although SunCrypt is mainly oriented towards English-speaking users, you have a possibility to switch between German, French, and Spanish as well. This by far increases the traffic of victims allowing developers to extend their business. As stated in the note, victims have to install the Tor browser and click on the “Go to our website” to purchase the decryption software. The required fee may vary based on the individual case, however, no matter how low or high it is, we recommend against going for such a risk. Statistically, extortionists tend to fool users and not send any tools, even after making a payment. Recovering data on your own is often close to impossible. It may be feasible in case there are some flaws or bugs inside of a virus. In other situations, the only way is using a backup copy, if one was created before the infection. Whatever the case, you must delete SunCrypt Ransomware from your system to prevent further encryption of data, so follow our tutorial below.
How SunCrypt infected your computer
- Download SunCrypt Ransomware Removal Tool
- Get decryption tool for .sun files
- Recover encrypted files with Stellar Data Recovery Professional
- Restore encrypted files with Windows Previous Versions
- Restore files with Shadow Explorer
- How to protect from threats like SunCrypt Ransomware
Download Removal Tool
To remove SunCrypt Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use WiperSoft AntiSpyware from WiperSoft. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of SunCrypt Ransomware and prevents future infections by similar viruses.
Alternative Removal Tool
To remove SunCrypt Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of SunCrypt Ransomware. The trial version of SpyHunter 5 offers virus scan and 1-time removal for FREE.
SunCrypt Ransomware files:
SunCrypt Ransomware registry keys:
How to decrypt and restore .sun files
Use automated decryptors
Download Kaspersky RakhniDecryptor
Use the following tool from Kaspersky called Rakhni Decryptor, which can decrypt .sun files. Download it here:
There is no purpose to pay the ransom because there is no guarantee you will receive the key, but you will put your bank credentials at risk.
Dr.Web Rescue Pack
Famous antivirus vendor Dr. Web provides free decryption service for the owners of its products: Dr.Web Security Space or Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite. Other users can ask for help in the decryption of .sun files by uploading samples to Dr. Web Ransomware Decryption Service. Analyzing of files will be performed free of charge and if files are decryptable, all you need to do is purchase a 2-year license of Dr.Web Security Space worth $120 or less. Otherwise, you don’t have to pay.
If you are infected with SunCrypt Ransomware and removed from your computer you can try to decrypt your files. Antivirus vendors and individuals create free decryptors for some crypto-lockers. To attempt to decrypt them manually you can do the following:
Use Stellar Data Recovery Professional to restore .sun files
- Download Stellar Data Recovery Professional.
- Click the Recover Data button.
- Select the type of files you want to restore and click the Next button.
- Choose the location where you would like to restore files from and click the Scan button.
- Preview found files, choose ones you will restore, and click Recover.
Using Windows Previous Versions option:
- Right-click on the infected file and choose Properties.
- Select the Previous Versions tab.
- Choose a particular version of the file and click Copy.
- To restore the selected file and replace the existing one, click on the Restore button.
- In case there are no items in the list choose an alternative method.
Using Shadow Explorer:
- Download the Shadow Explorer program.
- Run it and you will see a screen listing of all the drives and the dates that shadow copy was created.
- Select the drive and date that you want to restore from.
- Right-click on a folder name and select Export.
- In case there are no other dates in the list, choose an alternative method.
If you are using Dropbox:
- Login to the DropBox website and go to the folder that contains encrypted files.
- Right-click on the encrypted file and select Previous Versions.
- Select the version of the file you wish to restore and click on the Restore button.
How to protect the computer from viruses, like SunCrypt Ransomware, in future
1. Get special anti-ransomware software
Use BitDefender Anti-Ransomware
Famous antivirus vendor BitDefender released a free tool, that will help you with active anti-ransomware protection, as an additional shield to your current protection. It will not conflict with bigger security applications. If you are searching complete internet security solution consider upgrading to full version of BitDefender Internet Security 2018.
2. Back up your files
As an additional way to save your files, we recommend online backup. Local storages, such as hard drives, SSDs, flash drives, or remote network storages can be instantly infected by the virus once plugged in or connected to. SunCrypt Ransomware uses some techniques to exploit this. One of the best services and programs for easy automatic online backup is iDrive. It has the most profitable terms and a simple interface. You can read more about iDrive cloud backup and storage here.
3. Do not open spam e-mails and protect your mailbox
Malicious attachments to spam or phishing e-mails are the most popular method of ransomware distribution. Using spam filters and creating anti-spam rules is good practice. One of the world leaders in anti-spam protection is MailWasher Pro. It works with various desktop applications and provides a very high level of anti-spam protection.