Change your IP Country with a VPN
Ok, I got it so how do I change the IP address?
In order to verify that you’ve changed an IP address of your device, you’ll have to visit Find My IP page of our website.
How to change Ithe P address of a router?
A router is a Layer 3 networking device that connects multiple computers to the Internet. In-ha home network with a dynamically assigned IP address, a router is assigned a public IP address and all the computers connected to the router are assigned private IP addresses. When computers connected to the router visit the Internet, the world views your computer with a public IP address of your router. So, if you want the world to see you with a different IP address, you’ll have to change the IPIthe P address of the router. Here are a few ways to change the IP address of your router.
- Turn off your router for a minute and turn it back on. The common nature of DHCP is to “remember” the device and assign you the same IP address you had before, so simply turning off your router and turning it back on will not likely change Ithe P address. However, if you try multiple times you may get lucky and will obtain a new IP address from your ISP. If multiple tries don’t get you a new IP address, try leaving the router turned off overnight and restart in the morning.
- Reconnect your router to your ISP via administrative Interface. Most routers allow you to disconnect from upstream ISP and reconnect via a point-and-click from the Administrative Console. Each router vendor provides a different UI to achieve this, but once you login to the Administrative Console of the router you should be able to locate the reconnect button. The screenshot below is the method provided by the Asus RT-N66W model.
How to change the IP address of a computer?
- Shutdown your computer for a minute and turn it back on. Again, the common nature of DHCP is to assign the device same IP address each time it connects to the network, it’s unlikely that you’ll receive different address first time your restart your computer. If you restart a few times, you may get lucky and get a new IP address from your router.
- Renew your IP address. You may manually release your IP address and obtain a new IP address with Windows ipconfig utility. Please follow the following steps.
On Windows 7 and below, click Start -> Run, and type cmd as shown below. On Windows 8, type WIN key and X key to bring Power User Menu -> Choose Run.
In the Command Prompt screen, run “ipconfig /release” and “ipconfig /renew” commands as shown below. You’ll have to start Elevated Command Prompt (Run as System Administrator) to execute ipconfig command.
C:\> ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection: Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.101 Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0 Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1 C:\> ipconfig /release Windows IP Configuration No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media disconnected. Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection: Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 0.0.0.0 Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 0.0.0.0 Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection: Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected C:\> ipconfig /renew Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection: Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.102 Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0 Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
Verify that you have a new IP address by either typing ipconfig command, or by visiting Find My IP page. In our example above, the IP address has been changed from 192.168.1.101 to 192.168.1.102. Again, the nature of DHCP is to assign the device the same IP address as before so you may have run this step multiple times to change your IP address.
- You may use a proxy server to conceal your true IP address and borrow an IP from a 3rd-party Proxy provider.
How to change IP address of your smartphone?
If your smartphone is on a WiFi network, changing your IP address will only change the private IP address of the smartphone and the public IP address will remain the same. The world only sees your public IP address, so the website that you visited will view your smartphone having the same IP address even though you may have changed it’s a private address. To change the public IP address of your smartphone, you may want to try the following.
- Restart your smartphone – Turn off your WiFi, and restart your smartphone. Your smartphone will be obtaining a public IP address from your phone service provider via DHCP, restarting your device will likely get you a new IP address. If you don’t get a new IP address, you may want to try this for a few times until you get a new number.
- Borrow your neighbor’s WiFi IP address – Ask your neighbor if you can use his/her network, and if allowed connecting to their WiFi network.
Use someone else’s network
If you have any questions about changing the IP address, please post your question on the Hiding and Change IP Address Forum.