What is a traffic exchange
In a nutshell, traffic exchange is when you visit other people’s websites and they visit yours in exchange. People use traffic exchange networks to build up a steady traffic flow to their websites.
First, sign up on a traffic exchange website and submit your own website. Then, you’ll have to start earning credits by visiting other people’s websites and can further spend these credits on improving your blog traffic. Some exchange sites allow buying a traffic package instead of viewing others’ websites. And, you can trade your credits for cash.
There are two main types of traffic exchanges:
- Auto surf (which allows using a bot for browsing)
How profitable is a traffic exchange
Traffic exchange sites can really help make money if harnessed properly. As you know, traffic quality can even influence Google ranking.
The more quality traffic you get, the better the behavioral factors are, and then higher your ranking is. In this respect, traffic exchange is a win-win scenario as it increases traffic influx for both parties and helps them rank higher. As a result, it may help you get ahead of your competition, enjoy increased conversions, and, consequently, a boost in profits.
You can use traffic exchanges to drive traffic to websites and blogs in various niches, for example, education, merchandise, travel, etc. Besides, it can become a powerful tool for partners of all kinds of affiliate programs.
In fact, the amount of money you can get from traffic exchange really depends on the quality of your website in general and your squeeze page in particular. To make traffic exchange your powerful lead generator tool, try to make your landing page as attractive as possible:
- Keep your target audience in mind when creating your squeeze page.
- Create a compelling headline encouraging visitors to spend more time on your website.
- Offer a free ebook, trial offer or other promotional product for those who leave their email address.
- Place your offer “above the fold” so that visitors can see it right away.
Pros and cons of traffic exchange networks
- There are free options.
- It can increase your traffic flow (sometimes even more than 200%).
- Higher traffic brings more advertisers and more profitable cooperation.
- You won’t have to spend money on PPC traffic or banner advertising.
- It may help you attract a loyal audience if your blog is of top-notch quality.
- The bounce rate is likely to increase as the average time your visitors will spend on the website is from 10 to 30 seconds. As a result, your ranking may deteriorate.
- Conversion rates are not high because most visitors are interested in driving more traffic to their own sites, not in what your blog has to offer.
- Google AdSense frowns upon websites using traffic exchange networks and may even disable your account.
Best traffic exchange networks
The web abounds in various traffic exchange networks and sites. However, they differ in the quality and principles of work. Below we’ll describe the peculiarities of various traffic exchange services and outline their most important pros and cons.
HitLeap is a leading automatic traffic exchange service that helps users deliver loads of free traffic to websites. To earn traffic, you have to download a piece of software with the HitLeap browser which automatically loads pages. Then you start earning “minutes” which you can further trade for hits to your website. You can use several Viewer Slots (HitLeap viewer instances) simultaneously to earn more minutes. Free users are entitled to only two Viewer Slots, but you can get more for a fee.
- The service provides traffic from all over the world.
- You can modify features such as referrer data and visit length.
- It’s possible to purchase traffic packages to get traffic quickly.
- You don’t need a website to start making money with HitLeap. You can refer new members and receive up to 25% of cash commissions on their purchases.
- The website design is user-friendly.
- You can choose the level of traffic quality that suits you.
- It offers hits from a variety of browsers including mobile traffic.
- HitLeap Viewer only runs on idle computers.
- To start generating traffic, you have to download a piece of software.
- The quality of traffic is low because it is bot-generated.
No free “welcome” hits are offered.
bighits4u is a leading automatic traffic exchange service that helps users deliver loads of free traffic to websites. To earn traffic, you have to download a piece of software with the bighits4u browser which automatically loads pages. Then you start earning “minutes” which you can further trade for hits to your website. You can use several Viewer Slots (bighits4u viewer instances) simultaneously to earn more minutes. Free users are entitled to only two Viewer Slots, but you can get more for a fee.
RankBoostUp is a trusted auto-surf traffic exchange program launched in 2007. The service provides users with the auto-serve browser which runs in the background while you are working. RankBoostUp offers user control over traffic by letting you choose traffic sources, countries, device types, keywords to rank for, number of hits per hour, etc.
- The service offers a free trial period.
- You get 100 hits for free when you sign up.
- The service is integrated with an Alexa toolbar.
- The site provides users with a custom timer with the time slot from 10 to 60 seconds.
- The platform offers integrated mobile traffic, which results in better ranking on mobile devices.
- The service can notify you when your points fall below a certain level.
- You can target particular traffic types and regions.
- The service provides users with a white-label solution.
- It’s not free. Packages cost from $10 to $600.
- Payment methods are rather complicated and don’t include Visa or MasterCard.
10KHits is a traffic exchange that provides webmasters with traffic for free. However, you can upgrade your account for $10 per month and get some additional features such as geotargeting hits, bounce rate reducer, custom traffic sources, etc.
To start generating traffic with this service, you have to download the 10KHits exchange software and browse the websites listed in the app. You’ll earn traffic points for every 10-second visit and can further spend them on leading visitors to your website.
- The platform provides you with real visitors, not bots.
- It can greatly boost your Alexa rank.
- You can set the maximum number of hits per hour and choose the duration of visits.
- You get 100 points for free after signing up.
- You can earn commission points if you share your referral link.
- Users can either hide or show their traffic sources and make it look as if the traffic was coming from search engines.
- The application is light-weight and user-friendly.
- The traffic you get is not likely to convert into sales as visitors only click on your website because they have to and are not interested in what you offer.
- The bounce rate is likely to increase as visitors will leave after the established 10-second interval.
- You must surf your first 20 pages to redeem the signup bonus.
EasyHits4u is one of the best manual traffic exchanges. This easy-to-use service has 1:1 exchange ratio on the 20-second timer for free users and 10-second timer for ultimate users. Such an exchange ratio means that you’ll receive a visitor to your site for every site you visit. To save time, you can purchase visits.
- The number of visits per day is not limited.
- Networking is easy on the website.
- Even the free plan includes powerful marketing tools.
- The platform offers detailed statistics and tracking.
- You can earn credits by referring visitors to the platform.
- The quality of traffic is low.
- Premium and Ultimate plans are quite expensive at $7.95 and $19.95 per month.
- The income potential of the service is low.
Otohits.net is an autosurf traffic exchange that allows you to add an unlimited number of websites. The platform is totally free and functions with the help of a unique auto surf engine.
Once you’ve added websites you want to drive traffic to, start earning credits with the auto surf (either the app or the browser extension) the service provides. You get points for every second you stay on the auto surf and you can have it running 24/7.
- The validation process is very fast (less than 24 hours).
- You can add an unlimited number of websites.
- The system offers a dynamic timer ranging from 10 to 60 seconds.
- Adult content is authorized and is in a separate category.
- You can hide the referrer.
- The platform offers the bounce rate optimizer feature. Visitors can earn extra points for doing extra clicking on a webpage.
- The service is not effective for getting YouTube views.
- The traffic is of low quality.
Hitlink is a traffic exchange service that helps users drive targeted traffic to their websites. Apart from earning visits to your website by clicking on other people’s websites, you can also advertise banners and text links.
You can earn Activity Points by spending time on the platform. The more active you are, the more points you earn, the higher your chances are to win weekly prizes such as credits, text impressions, banner impressions or cash. In addition, you get 100 points for logging into the site.
- The exchange provides users with the free geo-targeting feature.
- Users can modify how many views their page will receive per hour.
- You can win prizes.
- There is no entry-level set-up fee.
- The navigation on the website is poor.
Autowebsurf is a free traffic exchange that automatically drives traffic to your webpages. All you have to do is submit your page, install the viewer app and your webpage will start getting traffic. The service accepts all websites which are family-friendly, including social media and videos.
- Users can adjust the view timer up to 300 seconds.
- Users can hide the referrer.
- You can earn up to 25% on referral commissions.
- You get 500 credits when you sign up.
- The traffic is of low quality.
- The service can increase the bounce rate of your website.
- You have to surf 100 sites to get the signup bonus.
Trafficsend is an auto-surf traffic exchange program. It offers both free and paid memberships. The free plan provides limited traffic, which can suit marketers or those who want to earn through referrals, while paid subscriptions will help you boost blog traffic or Alexa ranking.
- Users can adjust the view timer.
- You can set the maximum number of visits per hour.
- The platform provides users with a wallet that allows them to keep the remaining money in the Trafficsend account.
- You can drive quality views to YouTube with the help of the platform.
- Free members get limited traffic and features.
- The website has minor errors with inner linking
Get free web traffic for your blog
To sum it up, the success of traffic exchange depends on a variety of factors including the network you use, the type of traffic you target, its quality, etc. That’s why it’s crucial to try different traffic exchange services and track your campaign results to see which of them are more effective for generating leads.
Besides, you should make sure your squeeze page is compelling and the traffic exchanges you join are reputable enough. If you are careful and wise when using traffic exchange, it may become your powerful tool for boosting your blog performance and converting visitors into sales.